Under the direction of the Board of Selectmen, The Town Administrator serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town in accordance with a special act of Legislature.
The Town Administrator is responsible for on-going project management and implementation of Board of Selectmen policy decisions. The Town Administrator fosters and promotes effective working relationships within all Town boards, departments, commissions and committees and is accountable for all Town functions under the jurisdiction of the Board of Selectmen. The Town Administrator also provides administrative direction and control over department heads and staff as authorized by the Select Board.
Other duties of the Town Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day administration of the general government
- Providing policy recommendations to the Board of Selectmen
- Implementation of policies adopted by the Board of Selectmen
- Appointment of most department heads
- Supervision of municipal department activities
- Preparation of the annual budget and capital improvement plan
- Management of the business and administrative affairs of the Town
- Ensuring that all bylaws are obeyed and carried out
- Administration of other Board of Selectmen operations including the licensing of many business activities
- Providing support for the many boards and committees of the Town
Please feel free to contact the Town Administrator at anytime via our online Send Us Comments Webform, email, phone, or visit in person during office hours. We seek to respond to all citizens queries and concerns as quickly as possible.