- To serve as advocates and enhance the lives of seniors and their caregivers in the community.
- To identify the needs of seniors and provide information and referral resources.
- To educate the community about the various aging issues and the needs of older citizens.
- To design and promote services that are needed to serve the residents of Blackstone.
- To provide services that allow the elder to remain independent and keep the quality of life for them at home for as long as possible.
The Council on Aging (COA) is to advocate, plan, coordinate, and provide comprehensive day to day services for Blackstone residents age 60 and over and to provide services to residents under the age of 60 with disabilities.
The COA Board consists of five (5) members who are appointed by the Selectmen. The Board works with other town agencies and community service providers. Along with the Director, they are part of the municipal government and act as an advisory board overseeing and volunteering for projects aimed at identifying the total needs of the community's elder population, linking services to those needs, and improving the quality of life for our Seniors.
The regular meeting of the Council on Aging is held once a month on the first Thursday of the month at 6:30pm at the Town Hall.
The public is welcome and encouraged to attend the COA public meetings.
COA Advisory Board Members
Joyce St. Jean