Duties & Responsibilities
Accounting and Auditing
- Maintains a complete set of financial records for all town accounts, appropriations, debts, and contracts; maintains a general ledger and journal for the recording of all transactions.
- Has full audit responsibility for all town department receipts and expenditures;
- Audits Treasurer's cash and assists in outside audit. Monitors expenditures of all town funds;
- Examines all vouchers, department bills and payrolls for appropriateness of expenditure and for accuracy and availability of funds before payment by Treasurer;
- Reconciles Treasurer's cash balance with General Ledger cash balance;
- Reconciles cash balances of all Trust Funds;
- Oversees preparation of weekly warrants for payrolls and accounts payable for review by the Administrator.
- Oversees and participates in the posting of weekly warrants in ledger; posts cash receipts in ledger as received and monthly entries in journal.
- Assists other town officials in monitoring the town's financial condition; notifies departments of expenditures and account balances on monthly basis;
- Makes recommendations to improve financial condition.
- Compiles and submits required state and federal reports during and at close of fiscal year;
- Prepares annual balance sheet and breakdown of cash receipts;
- Prepares annual reports for town report.
- Answers questions from departments, Board of Selectmen and general public regarding town finances and/or accounting procedures.
- Prepares expenditure estimates and provides detailed revenue estimates to the Executive Secretary and Board of Selectmen.
- Finalizes Finance Committee's recommended budget and prepares monthly expenditure reports.
|Lauren Zahorsky||Town Accountant||508-876-5123|
|Patricia Dubois||Assistant Town Accountant||508-876-5148|