The Board is supervised by the Department of Revenue's Division of Local Services, as provided by Chapter 58 of the General Laws. The Division of Local Services reviews the Board's assessment procedures every three years and certifies that property is being assessed at its full and fair cash value by auditing the Board of Assessors' records and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain the valuations, assessments and classifications of all real and personal property within the Town of Blackstone for the purpose of generating tax revenues.
- Assess all property at its full and fair market value as of January 1 of each year.
- Process abatements and apportionment, maintain assessors' maps, plans, property transfer records and valuation data
- Process requests for valuation adjustments and issuing any appropriate abatements
- Process Statutory Exemptions on real estate property
- Commit all motor vehicle excise taxes and abatements